Sunday, October 24, 2010

Closet Pink Lover

I love pink although I don't like to admit that to the world. Pink isn't a color I or anybody else would associate with me. I gravitate towards strong dark colors, like black, gray or red... Although if you noticed the color scheme of this blog, you'd think otherwise...

On to the today's Ash Appeal--> I couldn't help myself when I saw OPI's "Pinking of You" and "Princesses Rule." So sweet and girly, my heart gave a little squeal when I saw them sitting on a shelf in all their pink glory. I didn't know if they would suit my coloring but I thought, what the hell, give it a go. And I was very pleased with the results.



For my "Pink Overload" as Ferniebeanie calls it, I had 2 thick coats of "Pinking of you," followed by "princesses rule." I was of course using a clear base coat and finished my nails with a top coat.

One thing I love about OPI nail polishes, they last and they don't chip easily. To be fair, the polish lasts much longer when I'm not doing any heavy cleaning or lifting. I do wash dishes everyday and I make it a point to reapply a thin layer of top coat over the polish every 4-5 days. If I have bling on my nails, I reapply that top coat every 3 days, just to keep the stones in place.

My pink nails lasted slightly more than 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment